6ABC Action News At 4
Local mom honored with GMA breakfast by Emeril Lagasse
FEASTERVILLE, Pa. - May 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- So we're here on Gracie Circle in Feasterville, Bucks County and "Good Morning America," Emeril Lagasse are about to give a lucky family breakfast... And then some!
Friends and family, a high school marching band, a choir, police officers, and Emeril himself sneaked around the neighborhood, with the goal of delivering an early Mother's Day meal to "America's Most Deserving Mom."
The mom is Stacey Carey, a mother of baby sextuplets and an older, seventh child. Boy was she surprised.
Breakfast in bed - with the bed plopped in their front yard - served up live on ABC's Good Morning America.
The dish, Emeril's special: A big ol' waffle with strawberries, bananas, candied bacon, and a fruit smoothie to wash it down.
You may remember when Action News first introduced the region to the Careys nearly a year ago. Mom delivered the sextuplets at Abington Hospital, but the medical struggle was only beginning. The odds were all six babies would not survive.
They did, and to see the entire family together, on a fluffy bed on their lawn, with so many people here and all across America watching, was pretty special.
"The winter was tough, a lot of them were sick over the winter, but everyone's doing great now, so we're happy," Stacey said.
"She's really patient, she's really organized, and we have a lot of help, which is a lot to be thankful for," added dad Brendan Carey.
Coming up on Action News at 6, hear from Emeril Lagasse, and find out if mom was truly surprised.
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 2 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 44 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos