6ABC Action News At 4
To propose, man buries - then loses- wedding ring
May 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Every wedding proposal comes with a little bit of nervous energy. This one came with lots of it.
Steve Carr planned what he thought would be the ideal engagement to his girlfriend on the beach in Naples, Florida. To build suspense, he buried the ring in the sand...
And you might guess what happened next. The moment of panic turned into hours of digging.
Just before giving up, in the pouring rain, Steve and his beloved Mary called a specialist, who with a little more persistence, actually found the ring.
At this point you might be thinking Steve is no rocket scientist. And you'd be right. He's actually a brain surgeon.
Mary, for the record, found it all kind of funny in hindsight, and said "Yes."
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike 24 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 54 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 52 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 57 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos