6ABC Action News At 4
Recipes from the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - July 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's just a really fabulous foodie extravaganza.
"Yes, it is," says celebrity chef Diane Henderiks, "and it is all throughout all 4 of Caesars Entertainment."
Henderiks took some time with us to prepare the one of her signature dishes, Pistachio Pesto Crab Cakes with Avocado "Cream"
Through Sunday, the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival is bringing some star chef power to the Jersey shore, in addition to Garden State native Diane Henderiks:
"Cake Boss" Buddy Valastro
The Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival runs through Sunday, July 29th.
Diane Henderiks' Pistachio Pesto Crab Cakes with Avocado "Cream"
Serves 2: main course
Serves 4: appetizer
For the Pistachio Pesto:
3 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons shelled pistachio nuts
1 clove garlic; crushed
1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Crab Cakes:
8 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over
1 packet of True Lemon
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped celery leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 egg white; beaten
For the Avocado "Cream":
1 whole ripe avocado, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 packet of True Lime
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon paprika
pinch of kosher salt
1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Make the Pesto: combine first 4 ingredients in food processor and process to paste-like consistency.
2. Scrape down the sides and with blade running, drizzle in olive oil.
3. Remove from food processor, stir and set aside.
4. Make the Crab Cakes: in mixing bowl, gently combine first 6 ingredients (crabmeat through paprika).
5. Whisk yogurt and egg white together and gently combine with crabmeat mixture.
6. Shape into 4 cakes (about 3 inches in diameter and about 1/4 inch thick)
7. Place on paper towel lined plate, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
8. Make the Avocado Cream: Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
9. Cook the Crab Cakes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
10. Remove crab cakes from paper towel lined plate. Dust both sides of cakes with flour.
11. Heat olive oil in cast iron pan over high heat. Gently place crab cakes into pan.
12. Sear for 1 minute, flip and gently spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on top of each crab cake.
13. Remove pan from heat, place pan in oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and browned.
14. Serve with avocado cream.
Diane's "Lime in de Coconut" Cocktail
1 shot of vodka
1 shot of Vita Coco unsweetened coconut water
1 shot of pineapple juice
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
orange slice for garnish
1. Fill shaker with ice
2. Add vodka, pineapple juice, coconut water and lime juice.
3. Shake, strain into martini glass and garnish with orange wedge
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete 2 min ago
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall 34 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Butkovitz an early winner as Pa. primary ballots are tallied
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary 1 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Young and Howard lift Phillies over Marlins 28 min ago
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly...
2 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor...
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos