6ABC Action News At 4
Sun setting on 2012 Jersey Shore season
OCEAN CITY, NJ - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's the next to last Friday of August with a trip down to the shore...
The sun, the sand and the saltwater at the Jersey shore can only be described as " It's perfect it's like paradise," according to Olivia Clark of Maplewood, New Jersey.
A seasonal paradise packed with beachgoers, looking to jump into fun and ride out the waves of the summer season and maybe knock a few things off your bucket list.
"I want to go parasailing, I've never done that. I'll be 50. Want to go parasailing," Angela Masters told us.
Mike Sonsini of Doylestown, Pa. had different plans: "My wife and I are teachers and we go back to school next week so we came down to the beach for the day."
Squeezing in family time, soaking up a last-minute tan and of course satisfying your sweet tooth. What's a beach day without salt water taffy?
An August rush of business has kept the register ringing and the store manager smiling at Shriver's Salt Water Taffy.
While many people plan to soak up every last ounce of summer, there are some beachgoers forced to throw in the towel, like the beach patrol.
"We're probably down about a third of our beach patrol right now," says Tom Mullineaux, Chief of Operations Ocean City Beach Patrol.
As lifeguards head back to college, some beaches have already begun to close. You're asked to keep a watchful eye out and stay where lifeguards are present.
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 57 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington 30 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 43 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death 41 min ago
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch 38 min ago
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
57 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
30 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly...
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos