6ABC Action News At 4
Prolong your smartphone battery life
October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- All that multi-tasking your smartphone does on a regular basis can drain your phone's charge in a flash. Here are some simple tech tweaks to boost your battery life.
1. Avoid Power-Zapping Settings: Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other location tracking services when you're not using them. Also set your ringtone to silent or quiet over vibrate, which uses more power.
2. Fetch data less frequently: Your apps and e-mail may be updating even when your screen isn't on. Change your settings so there are longer intervals between data refreshes.
3. Exit apps: Get in the habit of shutting down or "X-ing" out of each app or program every time you finish using it.
4. Turn off notifications: Unless it's a vital update, do you really need to do know each time someone comments on your Instagram photo or Facebook status? Those notifications waste battery power.
5. Go dim: Switch your screen brightness to auto in settings and shorten backlight intervals.
Those tweaks should help keep you away from your phone charger for longer periods of time.
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 51 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 18 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 16 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 17 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
51 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
35 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos