6ABC Action News At 4
Prolong your smartphone battery life
October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- All that multi-tasking your smartphone does on a regular basis can drain your phone's charge in a flash. Here are some simple tech tweaks to boost your battery life.
1. Avoid Power-Zapping Settings: Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other location tracking services when you're not using them. Also set your ringtone to silent or quiet over vibrate, which uses more power.
2. Fetch data less frequently: Your apps and e-mail may be updating even when your screen isn't on. Change your settings so there are longer intervals between data refreshes.
3. Exit apps: Get in the habit of shutting down or "X-ing" out of each app or program every time you finish using it.
4. Turn off notifications: Unless it's a vital update, do you really need to do know each time someone comments on your Instagram photo or Facebook status? Those notifications waste battery power.
5. Go dim: Switch your screen brightness to auto in settings and shorten backlight intervals.
Those tweaks should help keep you away from your phone charger for longer periods of time.
- At least 16 hurt in East Harlem building explosion 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 7 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 51 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 41 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
23 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
19 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos