6ABC Action News At 4
Prolong your smartphone battery life
October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- All that multi-tasking your smartphone does on a regular basis can drain your phone's charge in a flash. Here are some simple tech tweaks to boost your battery life.
1. Avoid Power-Zapping Settings: Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and other location tracking services when you're not using them. Also set your ringtone to silent or quiet over vibrate, which uses more power.
2. Fetch data less frequently: Your apps and e-mail may be updating even when your screen isn't on. Change your settings so there are longer intervals between data refreshes.
3. Exit apps: Get in the habit of shutting down or "X-ing" out of each app or program every time you finish using it.
4. Turn off notifications: Unless it's a vital update, do you really need to do know each time someone comments on your Instagram photo or Facebook status? Those notifications waste battery power.
5. Go dim: Switch your screen brightness to auto in settings and shorten backlight intervals.
Those tweaks should help keep you away from your phone charger for longer periods of time.
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 48 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 19 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville
- Pa. primary will settle municipal, judicial, races 40 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
48 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos