6ABC Action News At 4
Get a glimpse of your plastic surgery future!
November 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- If you have ever thought about doing a "little something" to spruce up your face or body, but were afraid of how it might turn out....this one is for you.
It's a groundbreaking new way to see your very own before and after shots before you decide on whether to book a procedure.
Nina Kovalenko has been thinking about adding more curves to her body.... But is nervous about how she'll look: "You know, you just come in, you trust the doctor, and hope everything goes well."
But Nina didn't have to just imagine her new look. Plastic surgeon Paul Glat showed her a 3D preview with the Vectra imaging system. Vectra's cameras take pictures from three angles then build them into the 3-D image.
With drawing tools, Dr. Glat can simulate dozens of cosmetic procedures for both the body and face.
It can show you what a rhinoplasty or a nose job would look like. It could show you what a chin augmentation or enhancement of the chin area would look like.
"They can look at someone else's before & after pictures, but it's not themselves. So they really want to know, 'What am I going to look like?'"
Vectra can also show the extent of skin conditions like rosacea.
Pauline Busby always thought she was doing a decent job on sun protection. Vectra says she could do better.
" That was a shock to see that. I didn't think I had....i just didn't think it was that bad."
But Pauline was delighted to see how a small amount of wrinkle relaxers and fillers could erase a few years.
Dr. Glat says while Vectra isn't a guarantee of the results, it make patients more comfortable about what they are considering.
"They leave here knowing what they're going to get, and it's really all about managing those expectations to have a happy patient."
Patients can look at their images from a wide variety of angles, and even get before and after pictures before anything is done.
Local doctors have several versions of Vectra - some for just the face, and some also do body simulations too.
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 42 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 1 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
42 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos