6ABC Action News At 4
Vets save NYC dog who swallowed 111 pennies
NEW YORK (AP) - March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
The New York Daily News reports that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.
The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.
The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 10 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos