6ABC Action News At 4

Vets save NYC dog who swallowed 111 pennies

Wednesday, March 13, 2013
This is Jack, the Jack Russell terrier that swallowed 111 pennies. The 13-year-old poochs owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery Friday March 9, 2013 and doctors put him under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins.

This is Jack, the Jack Russell terrier that swallowed 111 pennies. The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery Friday March 9, 2013 and doctors put him under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. (AP Photo/BluePearl Veterinary Partners)

A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.

PHOTOS: WEBSITE or iPAD | WIRELESS

The New York Daily News reports that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.

The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.

That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.

The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.

 

(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more 6ABC Action News at 4 »



blog comments powered by Disqus

Sponsored Content

Advertisement
Advertisement