6ABC Action News At 4
Vets save NYC dog who swallowed 111 pennies
NEW YORK (AP) - March 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New York City dog has undergone emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
The New York Daily News reports that a Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly became ill.
The 13-year-old pooch's owner rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.
The dog's owner told the newspaper his best friend is back to his normal self, driving him crazy.
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos