6ABC Action News At 4
The 10-minute nose job
May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Personal trainer Holly Waters says she never considered surgery. With a busy schedule at the gym, she was thrilled to hear about a quick, non-surgical solution to her nagging nose issue.
Maria Schaefer is a nurse injector at Deme in Center City Philadelphia: " We can fix what you don't like about your nose."
She says in just about 10 minutes, she can make noticeable changes to your nose, with just a few injections.
"We use fillers for humps and bumps and crooked areas of the nose. We can straighten the bridge. We can lift the tip."
Holly's hoping that when she heads back to work after a quick lunch break that when she smiles her nose won't dip a bit, as it does now.
Maria started the treatment with a little Botox just under the nostrils.
"It will relax the muscle that pulls the tip of the nose down," Schaefer says.
Then, she injects a filler that works with the Botox to prevent drooping and on to the bridge to streamline and straighten it.
Maria says it takes a few days for the swelling to go down. In about 3 to 4 days, the Botox kicks in. But that didn't stop a very happy Holly from smiling about the instant results.
"I love it!" Holly said. "I can see that the nose doesn't droop as I smile and I smile really hard!"
Maria says the risks are minimal. This lasts up to a year and costs between $700 and $1,000. Plastic surgeons tell us it can't fix everything that you hate about your nose. Some structural issues will equire surgery.
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos