6ABC Action News At 4
The 10-minute nose job
May 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Personal trainer Holly Waters says she never considered surgery. With a busy schedule at the gym, she was thrilled to hear about a quick, non-surgical solution to her nagging nose issue.
Maria Schaefer is a nurse injector at Deme in Center City Philadelphia: " We can fix what you don't like about your nose."
She says in just about 10 minutes, she can make noticeable changes to your nose, with just a few injections.
"We use fillers for humps and bumps and crooked areas of the nose. We can straighten the bridge. We can lift the tip."
Holly's hoping that when she heads back to work after a quick lunch break that when she smiles her nose won't dip a bit, as it does now.
Maria started the treatment with a little Botox just under the nostrils.
"It will relax the muscle that pulls the tip of the nose down," Schaefer says.
Then, she injects a filler that works with the Botox to prevent drooping and on to the bridge to streamline and straighten it.
Maria says it takes a few days for the swelling to go down. In about 3 to 4 days, the Botox kicks in. But that didn't stop a very happy Holly from smiling about the instant results.
"I love it!" Holly said. "I can see that the nose doesn't droop as I smile and I smile really hard!"
Maria says the risks are minimal. This lasts up to a year and costs between $700 and $1,000. Plastic surgeons tell us it can't fix everything that you hate about your nose. Some structural issues will equire surgery.
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 13 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 38 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
39 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
38 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos