6ABC Action News At 4
POLL: In a couple, but sleeping alone?
June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's a problem that millions of American couples face but do not talk about in public. Millions of Americans say they have developed issues in their relationships because of the struggle over sleeping next to each other.
According to recent reports, a quarter of married couples say they sleep in separate beds just to get a good night sleep.
Even ABC'S senior medical contributor, Dr. Jennifer Ashton, has reported having sleeping problems in her marriage, and underwent testing with her husband.
They underwent tests measuring brain activity while they slept, but the results showed that Dr. Ashton didn't sleep much better when she left the bedroom than if she stayed and her husband snored. Her husband Rob, on the other hand, got an extra twenty minutes of deep sleep with his wife by his side.
So, vote in our poll.... Are you part of a couple, but sleeping separately?
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom talks 1 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News 33 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash 38 min ago
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh 52 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings 41 min ago
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft 45 min ago
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 52 min ago
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom...
1 min ago
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package...
45 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos