6ABC Action News At 4
POLL: In a couple, but sleeping alone?
June 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's a problem that millions of American couples face but do not talk about in public. Millions of Americans say they have developed issues in their relationships because of the struggle over sleeping next to each other.
According to recent reports, a quarter of married couples say they sleep in separate beds just to get a good night sleep.
Even ABC'S senior medical contributor, Dr. Jennifer Ashton, has reported having sleeping problems in her marriage, and underwent testing with her husband.
They underwent tests measuring brain activity while they slept, but the results showed that Dr. Ashton didn't sleep much better when she left the bedroom than if she stayed and her husband snored. Her husband Rob, on the other hand, got an extra twenty minutes of deep sleep with his wife by his side.
So, vote in our poll.... Are you part of a couple, but sleeping separately?
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 25 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 20 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 13 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 29 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos