6ABC Action News At 4
5-year-old co-authors book with Dad
ROXBOROUGH - June 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- As we come up on Father's Day Sunday, a local dad-daughter duo from Roxborough is celebrating the release of a new book. It's a story about family, by family and one of the authors is just 5 years old!
Reanna Desouvre from Roxborough was three and a half years old when she became a big sister to now 18-month-old Danielle. Reanna is now 5 and she channeled her new role in the family to write her very first published book "Big Sister, Little Sister."
Reanna's co-author is dad, Yanatha.
"The words that you see in the book are actually her words," he says.
Mom Amy was in charge of art and photography: "It's just an amazing journey, having two girls and watching them grow together."
The book shares their story as sisters and as friends.
"I love my sister, she is so sweet."
Amy says it also teaches responsibility!
"I think it's important to get the older one involved with the younger one," says Mom Amy, "because once you have a second child you have to split your time."
Yanatha is a published author, with a collection of inspirational short stories and poetry. He says this was the ultimate family production.
"Being able to work with your dad or your parents is a pretty cool thing to do at a young age," he says. "It's something she will be able to have for the rest of her life."
The book recently hit number 1 in Amazon's siblings category. You can check out "Big Sister, Little Sister" by following this link. There's also a Facebook page set up where you can learn about upcoming readings at bookstores.
- Hit and run victim found near Wilmington road
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death 9 min ago
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Pa. man gets probation for 105 animals in mobile home 22 min ago
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos