Women's lacrosse coach fired over hazing complaint at Pa.college
LANCASTER, Pa. - April 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Franklin & Marshall College has suspended part of its women's lacrosse team and fired its national championship-winning coach over a hazing complaint.
The school said Tuesday that it had dismissed coach Lauren Paul and kicked several players off the team after confirming the hazing took place last year.
Vice President of Communications Cass Cliatt told The Associated Press the school will not release details about the dismissed players, but the Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era reports 11 players are no longer listed on the roster, including eight of nine seniors.
Cliatt would not release details about the hazing, citing student privacy. The suspended players remain enrolled as students.
Paul guided the team to the NCAA Division III national championship in 2009. A phone listing for her could not be located.
pennsylvania, college, lancaster county, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police-involved shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 6 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
11 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos