Coach Sentenced for Sex with Student
LANCASTER, PA-October 13, 2005 -- The former girls basketball coach at Warwick High School was led from a Lancaster County courtroom in handcuffs yesterday after being sentenced to eight and a-half to 30 years in prison.
Thirty-seven-year-old Troy May of Lititz was accused in August 2004 of having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old player.
Authorities say he had contacted the girl through the Internet to arrange numerous sexual encounters during the previous summer. The incidents took place at May's home, in his car, in two hotel rooms and at Warwick athletic fields.
He pleaded guilty in June.
May led the Warriors basketball team to several district playoff berths during an 11-year coaching career. He is married and the father of three young children.
(Copyright 2005 by the Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 23 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- AccuWeather: Tracking snow for Monday
2 min ago