"Operation Santa" Fulfilling Wish Lists
December 14, 2005 -- This is the time of year when good little boys and girls put pencil to paper and create wish lists for Santa Claus. But sometimes Santa needs a little help fulfilling all those dreams.
Sometimes the letters to Santa are amusing. Other times the letters are heart breaking.
Action News saw a couple of the thousands of letters sent to the postal service through its Operation Santa program. Workers read every one of them and categorize them based on the number of children in the family. Rochelle Jordan of Berlin, New Jersey will try to make at least a few of the wishes come true.
Last year, Operation Santa filled 2100 of 3000 requests. This year, workers would love to answer one hundred percent of the letters.
Anyone who wants to help fulfill a wish as part of Operation Santa can check in at the 30th Street Post Office window number 13 or call 215-895-9477.
(Copyright 2005 by Action News. All Rights Reserved.)
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
19 min ago