The Murder of Dario Gutierrez
June 23, 2007 (WPVI) -- A man is killed in his own living room, now nearly six months later, his son, a Philadelphia police officer needs your help.
"He loved music. He loved sports; Philadelphia sports especially the Phillies game," said Jose Gutierrez.
79-year-old Dario Gutierrez was a father, a grandfather and a great grandfather.
"He was a great man he was a great father, fantastic."
The retired cook and father of a Philadelphia police officer was a town watch member and block captain on the 2700 block of North Mascher in West Kensington. He worked tirelessly to keep drug dealers from selling drugs in his neighborhood.
"He didn't condone that type of activity."
But the Gutierrez family changed forever in early January. Just days after the New Year Dario's daughters found him dead in a pool of blood in his living room. Police believe he may have been there for several days.
"They think he was followed. My father he's a 79 year old he couldn't fight back he was taken advantage of."
Now nearly six months after his death, his children need your help finding their father's killer.
"It would be wonderful if somebody had any kind of information that could lead to some kind of conviction and arrest," said Dario's daughter Anita.
The family is offering a five thousand dollar reward for any information that could lead to an arrest and conviction; something the family says they badly need to move on.
"We need closure, the family needs closure."
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 54 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 31 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 23 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 27 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 16 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
18 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
36 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
33 min ago