Police: Man lifted girl's shirt, took pics
EAST WINDSOR TWP., NJ - March 18, 2009 - (WPVI) -- Police in East Windsor Township, New Jersey say they've arrested a man for following a 6-year-old girl through a grocery store and lifting her shirt to take pictures with his cell phone camera.
Authorities say 38-year-old James Branchide of East Windsor was working at the Shop Rite on Route 130 back on July 15th.
That was the day, police allege, that Branchide followed the girl, lifting her shirt and taking pictures of her chest and abdomen.
Branchide was indicted on one count of second-degree luring or enticing a child and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child (second degree and third degree).
Each second-degree offense carries a penalty of five to 10 years in prison. The third-degree offense carries a penalty of three to five years in prison.
Branchide remains in the Mercer County Correction Center in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Also named in the indictment is Anthony Zukowski, 55, of Hilltop Drive, Bordentown.
Zukowski, also a Shop Rite employee, was charged with one count of fourth-degree endangering the welfare of a child for receiving the photographs taken by Branchide on his cell phone.
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures