Police: Man lifted girl's shirt, took pics
EAST WINDSOR TWP., NJ - March 18, 2009 - (WPVI) -- Police in East Windsor Township, New Jersey say they've arrested a man for following a 6-year-old girl through a grocery store and lifting her shirt to take pictures with his cell phone camera.
Authorities say 38-year-old James Branchide of East Windsor was working at the Shop Rite on Route 130 back on July 15th.
That was the day, police allege, that Branchide followed the girl, lifting her shirt and taking pictures of her chest and abdomen.
Branchide was indicted on one count of second-degree luring or enticing a child and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child (second degree and third degree).
Each second-degree offense carries a penalty of five to 10 years in prison. The third-degree offense carries a penalty of three to five years in prison.
Branchide remains in the Mercer County Correction Center in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Also named in the indictment is Anthony Zukowski, 55, of Hilltop Drive, Bordentown.
Zukowski, also a Shop Rite employee, was charged with one count of fourth-degree endangering the welfare of a child for receiving the photographs taken by Branchide on his cell phone.
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 5 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 53 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- NASA: Space station may have bad valve 36 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Photos: The Headhouse District's Winter Wonderland 6 min ago
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
5 min ago