"The Bachelorette" and "The Proposal" - local couple looks to tie the knot
WILL SHE SAY 'I DO'? TV's most romantic show, "The Bachelorette," and the Big Screen Event of the Summer, "The Proposal," team up to bring you "Marry Me Monday!" on 6ABC.
During last Monday's episode of "The Bachelorette," ABC viewers got an extra dose of romance when "Marry Me Monday" presented two men who each popped the question -- 'will you marry me?' -- to their loved ones on national TV. People who missed the surprise marriage proposals can go to ABC.com and visit "The Bachelorette" page to watch each proposal and find out what the ladies' answers were. "The Bachelorette" collaborated with the upcoming romantic comedy, "The Proposal" (in theaters June 19), to bring audiences "Marry Me Monday," where two people propose to their loved one in a creative and original way. Their own individual styles parallel the scene in the film, in which Sandra Bullock's character takes the hand of her assistant (Ryan Reynolds) and drops to her knees on a busy New York City sidewalk to pop the question.
The two couples who participated in "Marry Me Monday!" were Kenneth Burr & Jennifer Lynam from Thorofare, New Jersey, who have been dating for a year, and RJ Turpyn & Megan Donner from Rochester, New York, who will have been dating for two years this coming August.
About "The Proposal"
When high-powered book editor Margaret (Sandra Bullock) faces deportation to her native Canada, the quick-thinking executive declares that she's actually engaged to her unsuspecting put-upon assistant, Andrew (Ryan Reynolds), whom she's tormented for years. He agrees to participate in the charade, but with a few conditions of his own. The unlikely couple head to Alaska to meet Andrew's quirky family (Mary Steenburgen, Craig T. Nelson, Betty White), and the always-in-control city girl finds herself in one hilarious fish-out-of-water situation after another. With an impromptu wedding in the works and an immigration official on their tail, Margaret and Andrew reluctantly vow to stick to the plan despite the precarious consequences.
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 4 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 6 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 9 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 37 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act