Saving With 6abc
J.E. Caldwell to close doors
ARDMORE, Pa. - November 13, 2009 (WPVI) -- For 170 years, J-E Caldwell's has been one of the primary places Philadelphians shop for fine jewelry. But now, the chain's seven stores in our area are liquidating their inventories and going out of business.
Here are some of the deals we found at the store in Suburban Square in Ardmore, Pa.
Raymond Weil watches are 35% off. Faberge eggs and Lladro figurines are 40% off. Maurice LaCroix watches are 50% off and Monica Rich Kosann photo album frames are 60% off.
A Herend tea set -- with an original retail price of $12,710 -- is on sale for $3,750.
A diamond and emerald necklace that was $3995 is reduced to $2390.
A diamond and pink sapphire necklace that was $4200 was reduced to $2520 and the matching earrings, that were $300, are knocked down to $1800.
And while the deals are good, longtime customers say they'll be sorry to see the stores close.
Store employees say they expect the store to stay open until December. Some new inventory is being brought in, but all sales are final and new jewelry repairs are being done.
For a list of J.E. Caldwell store locations, click here.More money-related links:
CLICK HERE to follow Action News on Twitter
CLICK HERE to get Action News on your website
CLICK HERE to find Action News on Facebook
saving with 6abc, amy buckman
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos