Bus full of students taken to hospital after crash
TOWNSEND, Del. - January 26, 2010 (WPVI) -- A school bus loaded with children was involved in an accident this morning in Townsend, Delaware.
The accident happened at 8:25 a.m. at Caldwell Corner Road and Grear's Corner Road.
According to a spokesperson for the Appoquinimink School District, a bus carrying 27 students to Townsend Elementary School was rear-ended by another vehicle.
Students were transferred to another bus, which was driven to Christiana Hospital so that all of the students can be evaluated for minor injuries.
A school district spokesperson says the students' parents were notified and school administrators were at the hospital with them.
The children involved attend first through fifth grades.
Police say the driver of the car, Kathleen King, 67, of Townsend, Delaware, ran a stop sign before the crash and was given a citation.
delaware, accident, school bus, traffic
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 52 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 22 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 21 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 41 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 24 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
52 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
22 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
21 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
39 min ago