Bus full of students taken to hospital after crash
TOWNSEND, Del. - January 26, 2010 (WPVI) -- A school bus loaded with children was involved in an accident this morning in Townsend, Delaware.
The accident happened at 8:25 a.m. at Caldwell Corner Road and Grear's Corner Road.
According to a spokesperson for the Appoquinimink School District, a bus carrying 27 students to Townsend Elementary School was rear-ended by another vehicle.
Students were transferred to another bus, which was driven to Christiana Hospital so that all of the students can be evaluated for minor injuries.
A school district spokesperson says the students' parents were notified and school administrators were at the hospital with them.
The children involved attend first through fifth grades.
Police say the driver of the car, Kathleen King, 67, of Townsend, Delaware, ran a stop sign before the crash and was given a citation.
delaware, accident, school bus, traffic
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 15 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 30 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 51 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion 59 min ago
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
30 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
15 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
51 min ago
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp....
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos