Philly snow record on tap with new storm
PHILADELPHIA - February 8, 2010 -- Another huge snowstorm is expected to smack the Philadelphia area this week and make it the snowiest winter on record in the city.
The National Weather Service is predicting 12 to 18 inches beginning Tuesday. That's on top of more than 28 inches that fell on the city over the weekend.
Forecasters say another two-footer is possible.
Meteorologist Valerie Meola says snow accumulation of more than 9.2 inches would make this winter the snowiest since Philadelphia started keeping records in 1884.
The storm over the weekend cut power to a wide swath of the mid-Atlantic, including Washington. The next storm is also expected to dump additional snow there.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, snow, severe weather, accuweather forecast
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 37 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 21 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 41 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 41 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 41 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
37 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
41 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
41 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos