Teen shot outside George Washington High School
BUSTLETON - February 17, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in Philadelphia's Bustleton section.
The shooting occurred outside George Washington High School where, police say, a 19-year-old, who graduated from the high school last year, was shot in the back shortly before 9:00 p.m. Wednesday.
A fashion show was going on inside the high school at the time of the shooting.
Officials say the victim attempted to seek safety by running into the school. Chief Inspector Scott Small says that there were approximately 300 students in the school's auditorium.
Police say there were no witnesses because the victim ran into the lobby while everyone else was in the auditorium. They also say a security camera in the lobby was not recording.
Medics responded and rushed the teen to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division for treatment. He is said to be in stable condition.
Small said the victim is not cooperating with the police and is not giving them any information on the shooter.
It also unclear if the 19-year-old was the intended target or was with someone who was.
No other injuries were reported.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, shooting, crime
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Deadly hit and run suspect van caught on camera 1 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
24 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
51 min ago