Teen shot outside George Washington High School
BUSTLETON - February 17, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in Philadelphia's Bustleton section.
The shooting occurred outside George Washington High School where, police say, a 19-year-old, who graduated from the high school last year, was shot in the back shortly before 9:00 p.m. Wednesday.
A fashion show was going on inside the high school at the time of the shooting.
Officials say the victim attempted to seek safety by running into the school. Chief Inspector Scott Small says that there were approximately 300 students in the school's auditorium.
Police say there were no witnesses because the victim ran into the lobby while everyone else was in the auditorium. They also say a security camera in the lobby was not recording.
Medics responded and rushed the teen to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division for treatment. He is said to be in stable condition.
Small said the victim is not cooperating with the police and is not giving them any information on the shooter.
It also unclear if the 19-year-old was the intended target or was with someone who was.
No other injuries were reported.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, shooting, crime
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 1 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 13 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 18 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 41 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
13 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
41 min ago