Workers stuck on open drawbridge rescued
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. - March 10, 2010 -- Four workers are safe after getting stuck on a drawbridge that went up unexpectedly in Florida
Pompano Beach city spokeswoman Sandra King says hydraulics failed on a bridge under reconstruction Wednesday morning, causing it to rise while Department of Transportation workers were still on it.
Three workers were brought down in harnesses. A fourth was left trapped in the air over the Intracoastal Waterway.
Live television footage showed the worker clutching a guard rail before being rescued by firefighters.
None of the workers were injured.
- Screaming vandal smashes police car windows 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 24 min ago
- Couple attacked by cat say they'll get it help
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New Castle
34 min ago