Workers stuck on open drawbridge rescued
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. - March 10, 2010 -- Four workers are safe after getting stuck on a drawbridge that went up unexpectedly in Florida
Pompano Beach city spokeswoman Sandra King says hydraulics failed on a bridge under reconstruction Wednesday morning, causing it to rise while Department of Transportation workers were still on it.
Three workers were brought down in harnesses. A fourth was left trapped in the air over the Intracoastal Waterway.
Live television footage showed the worker clutching a guard rail before being rescued by firefighters.
None of the workers were injured.
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)