Workers stuck on open drawbridge rescued
POMPANO BEACH, Fla. - March 10, 2010 -- Four workers are safe after getting stuck on a drawbridge that went up unexpectedly in Florida
Pompano Beach city spokeswoman Sandra King says hydraulics failed on a bridge under reconstruction Wednesday morning, causing it to rise while Department of Transportation workers were still on it.
Three workers were brought down in harnesses. A fourth was left trapped in the air over the Intracoastal Waterway.
Live television footage showed the worker clutching a guard rail before being rescued by firefighters.
None of the workers were injured.
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 9 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 11 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
5 min ago