Man charged with having sex with baby, dog
SALISBURY, Pa. - March 18, 2010 -- A western Pennsylvania man has been jailed on charges he repeatedly had sex with a 9-month-old girl.
Thirty-eight-year-old Rodney Lee Thomas, of Elk Lick Township, remains in the Somerset County Jail unable to post $100,000 bond on charges including rape and aggravated indecent assault against the child.
Police say Thomas also had sexual encounters with a dog that led to the animal's death. He faces three counts of sexual intercourse with an animal.
State police began investigating Tuesday after county child welfare workers contacted them. Thomas was arrested and arraigned Wednesday.
Police say Thomas told them he had been involved in similar sexual activity since he was a teenager.
Online court records don't list an attorney for Thomas.
pennsylvania, child sex assault, animal abuse, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 10 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 17 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 14 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 21 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 5 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 5 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 16 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos