5 seriously injured in I-495 accident
WILMINGTON, Del - April 25, 2010 (WPVI) -- Five people are seriously injured after a crash on I-495 in Wilmington, police say.
The Delaware State Police and emergency personnel were called out to the scene of a single vehicle crash on I-495 northbound, north of Edgemoore Road.
Preliminary reports indicate the crash involved a single vehicle, a van, which overturned on the roadway. As a result of this crash, a total of five people were seriously injured. Several of the occupants had to be extricated from the vehicle by mechanical means. All of those involved are being transported to Christiana Hospital.
While this crash was being investigated, a second crash occurred on the southbound side of I-495. It is unknown if anyone was injured in this crash which occurred at 7:55 p.m.
delaware, wilmington, accident, local/state
- School closings and delays 18 min ago
- Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 52 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 18 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos