1 dead in Wilmington shooting
WILMINGTON - May 1, 2010 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police are investigating a shooting that has left one person dead.
At around 2:00 a.m. Saturday, police were called to the 600 block of South Franklin Street for the reports of shot fired.
When officers arrived, they found a 26-year-old male suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The victim was immediately taken to the Christiana Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
At this time, Wilmington Police Detectives are investigating the incident. Anyone with information is asked to contact Wilmington Police Detective Matthew Hall at 576-3638.
delaware, wilmington, shooting, crime
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 9 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
22 min ago