1 dead in Wilmington shooting
WILMINGTON - May 1, 2010 (WPVI) -- Wilmington police are investigating a shooting that has left one person dead.
At around 2:00 a.m. Saturday, police were called to the 600 block of South Franklin Street for the reports of shot fired.
When officers arrived, they found a 26-year-old male suffering from a gunshot wound to the chest.
The victim was immediately taken to the Christiana Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
At this time, Wilmington Police Detectives are investigating the incident. Anyone with information is asked to contact Wilmington Police Detective Matthew Hall at 576-3638.
delaware, wilmington, shooting, crime
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 30 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 59 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 57 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos