Del. community evacuated for gas leak
WILMINGTON, Del. - May 4, 2010 (WPVI) -- Residents of a community in Wilmington, Delaware were evacuated because of a gas leak.
It happened in the area of 29th and Bowers Street in the Eastlake Housing area around 10:45 a.m. Tuesday.
A spokesperson for Delmarva Power says a third party contractor, who was digging to put up a fence, hit the 4" main.
The gas line was secured about a half hour later, though repairs are expected to take until the early evening.
A total of 31 people had to be evacuated.
delaware, wilmington, gas leak, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 56 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 45 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia