30 lab beagles up for adoption in NJ
BRANCHBURG, N.J. - July 9, 2010 -- Thirty beagles rescued from a bankrupt laboratory will go up for adoption in New Jersey Friday.
St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center in Madison says it was contacted about a month ago. The dogs were transferred from a recently bankrupt lab in Warren County.
The center says the beagles all are males that are 3 years old and are in good condition.
They are all named after signers of the Declaration of Independence.
Branchburg shelter manager Colleen Harrington says the dogs were neutered, given a bath and received a temperament evaluation.
Given their good condition, it is expected that the dogs will be available for adoption by the end of next week. The dogs will be available at both St. Hubert's North Branch and Madison shelters as well as partnering agencies.
Information from: Courier News
new jersey, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 57 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos