Del. man leads police on chase into Md.
NEWARK, Del. (AP) - July 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Newark man led troopers on a chase into Maryland where he was involved in several crashes before he was stopped.
Police say the driver of a Mitsubishi Eclipse sped off when troopers arrived at a Days Inn in Newark on Thursday night in response to a report of a domestic incident in a car there.
Police say the driver, 34-year-old Shane Faust, refused to stop for troopers. Police used spike strips to flatten the tires of the car, Faust kept going into Elkton, Md., where the car was involved in several crashes.
When the car was stopped in Elkton, police say Faust was arrested and taken to a hospital with injuries from the crashes. A woman passenger was not injured.
Police say Faust is already wanted on several charges in Delaware.
delaware, maryland, police chase, crime
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police