Del. man leads police on chase into Md.
NEWARK, Del. (AP) - July 23, 2010 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a Newark man led troopers on a chase into Maryland where he was involved in several crashes before he was stopped.
Police say the driver of a Mitsubishi Eclipse sped off when troopers arrived at a Days Inn in Newark on Thursday night in response to a report of a domestic incident in a car there.
Police say the driver, 34-year-old Shane Faust, refused to stop for troopers. Police used spike strips to flatten the tires of the car, Faust kept going into Elkton, Md., where the car was involved in several crashes.
When the car was stopped in Elkton, police say Faust was arrested and taken to a hospital with injuries from the crashes. A woman passenger was not injured.
Police say Faust is already wanted on several charges in Delaware.
delaware, maryland, police chase, crime
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 6 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 55 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 54 min ago
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 50 min ago
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno 40 min ago
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 42 min ago
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
6 min ago
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
55 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn...
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos