Student who plays PSU mascot cited for drinking
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - September 1, 2010 -- The man behind the mascot at Penn State is in trouble with the law.
State College police issued an underage drinking summons August 24 to Clint Gyory. He was also cited for public drunkenness and criminal mischief on August 1.
Gyory was supposed to don the brown Nittany Lion costume for Saturday's opener against Youngstown State. But athletic department officials say he's been suspended for a month.
Penn State cheerleading coach Curtis White said in a statement this week that Gyory regrets his actions.
An athletic department spokesman says someone else will wear the brown Nittany Lion costume this month and appear at all football games and other scheduled events.
Another student who played the mascot was suspended for the 2009 Rose Bowl against Michigan State after a DUI charge.
underage drinking, Pennsylvania State University, pennsylvania, bizarre bazaar
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 1 dead 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 33 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 7 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 13 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 6 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 11 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
33 min ago