Arrest made, victim ID'd in Wilmington murder
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 15, 2010 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware have made an arrest in connection with a deadly double shooting on Tuesday night in Wilmington.
Investigators say 20-year-old Brandon Robinson turned himself in to police and was booked on charges of Murder 1st Degree, Assault 1st Degree and two counts of Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony.
The arrest stems from an apparent robbery attempt, which occurred shortly after 9:45 p.m. Tuesday on the 300 block of S. Van Buren Street.
Arriving officers found two victims at the scene, both having suffered bullet wounds. The first victim, a 21-year-old male, had sustained several gunshots to the upper torso. The second victim, a 20-year-old male, was shot once in the right leg.
Both victims were transported to Christiana Hospital by ambulance. One of the men, identified as Cameron Johnson, was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The second victim was admitted in stable condition.
Arrest warrants were obtained and while detectives were actively attempting to locate Robinson, he turned himself in at Police Headquarters.
This is the 20th homicide of the year in the city of Wilmington, which tops last year's homicide total of 18.
The investigation is continuing.
wilmington, delaware, shooting, crime
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 34 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, traps parents in room 20 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
34 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos