Nuclear plant sirens to be tested
DOVER, Del. - October 12, 2010 -- Authorities will test 37 sirens for the Salem and Hope Creek nuclear generating plants along the Delaware River.
The tests will be conducted Tuesday. The sirens are in a 10-mile radius of the Lower Alloways Creek Township in New Jersey, across from Augustine Beach in Delaware. The area includes parts of Delaware.
The sirens will sound for three to five minutes and be followed by a message on the Emergency Alert System of radio stations.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
nuclear power, delaware, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 8 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 25 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 15 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 23 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
9 min ago
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
26 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in...
24 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
16 min ago