Nuclear plant sirens to be tested
DOVER, Del. - October 12, 2010 -- Authorities will test 37 sirens for the Salem and Hope Creek nuclear generating plants along the Delaware River.
The tests will be conducted Tuesday. The sirens are in a 10-mile radius of the Lower Alloways Creek Township in New Jersey, across from Augustine Beach in Delaware. The area includes parts of Delaware.
The sirens will sound for three to five minutes and be followed by a message on the Emergency Alert System of radio stations.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
nuclear power, delaware, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed