Deadly shooting in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting in Southwest Philadelphia.
At around 3:40 p.m., police were called out to the 1000 block of South 54th Street for the report of a shooting.
When they arrived they found a 44-year-old man suffering from a single gunshot to the back of the head.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
No arrests have been made.
At about 20 minutes earlier, police were called to the 900 block of Master Street in North Philadelphia for a report of another shooting.
Investigators are also trying to solve three earlier homicides. The first of which happened in the city's Mayfair section. In that case, a man was found shot multiple times inside a car on the Roosevelt Boulevard.
The second murder occurred when a man was shot while exiting a Chinese fast food restaurant in the Brewerytown section of Philadelphia.
In the third homicide, police found a 29-year-old lying in the middle of the street in Summerdale at around 1:00 a.m. He was pronounced dead a short time later.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, southwest philadelphia, shooting, crime
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 28 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 23 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting 53 min ago
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
18 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
23 min ago