Route 476 NB in Montco reopened after fatal crash
WORCESTER TWP., Pa. - April 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A fatal crash on the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Montgomery County shuts down northbound lanes for several hours.
Two vehicles were reported to be involved in the accident which occurred just before 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in the northbound lanes at mile marker 26 in Worchester Township between the Mid-County exit and Lansdale.
One person died in the crash and at least one other injured.The southbound lanes were briefly closed to allow medical helicopters to land, but re-opened shortly after.
However, the northbound lanes remained closed for several hours for accident cleanup and the police investigation.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, accident, pa turnpike, traffic
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident 34 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape