Body, wrapped in plastic, found in Chester
CHESTER, Pa. - April 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Chester, Pa. are investigating the discovery of a dead man found wrapped in plastic on Thursday.
Authorities were called to the 100 block of Central Avenue shortly after 11:00 a.m. after the body was found by a maintenance worker.
That location is between the Delaware River and Route 291 and a few blocks from the Commodore Barry Bridge.
When police arrived they found the body of a black male in his 20s wrapped up in black plastic.
An autopsy on the body will be done on Friday, police said.
There is no word yet on the man's identity or how he died.
Police say they do not have a missing person's report that matches the body.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective James Nolan at (610) 447-8429.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, chester, body found, crime
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 17 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
15 min ago