Man, on bench, killed by falling tree limb in Radnor
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - June 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man is dead after he was struck by a falling tree limb along the Radnor Trail in Radnor Township, Delaware County.
The victim, a 65-year-old man from Devon, was sitting on a park bench when he was hit by a 45-foot long limb on Thursday afternoon.
He was pronounced dead at Bryn Mawr Hospital shortly after 3:00 p.m.
The man's name has not been released because his family has not yet been notified.
The trail is maintained by the township and, officials said, several overhanging branches were pruned in early spring.
Those officials added that there had been no previous serious incidents or accidents on the trail.
pennsylvania, delaware county, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 28 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos