Man, on bench, killed by falling tree limb in Radnor
RADNOR TWP., Pa. - June 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man is dead after he was struck by a falling tree limb along the Radnor Trail in Radnor Township, Delaware County.
The victim, a 65-year-old man from Devon, was sitting on a park bench when he was hit by a 45-foot long limb on Thursday afternoon.
He was pronounced dead at Bryn Mawr Hospital shortly after 3:00 p.m.
The man's name has not been released because his family has not yet been notified.
The trail is maintained by the township and, officials said, several overhanging branches were pruned in early spring.
Those officials added that there had been no previous serious incidents or accidents on the trail.
pennsylvania, delaware county, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 32 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq. 27 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton 36 min ago
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in Norristown 58 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
18 min ago
- David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
27 min ago
- Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
36 min ago
- John Rawlins on snow in Norristown
58 min ago