Man hurt after propane tank on forklift explodes
CHESTER, Pa. - August 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a man was injured after a propane tank exploded on a forklift at a plant just outside Philadelphia.
Fire officials say the accident happened Sunday afternoon at a Kimberly-Clark facility in Chester that produces tissues and paper towels. The man was hospitalized with second-degree burns.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports the man was refueling the tank when he noticed a leak. Chester Fire Department Battalion Chief Jack Gresch says the man was shutting down the propane when it flashed on him and the tank ruptured.
Gresch says firefighters used foam to put out the fire in about five minutes. The forklift was destroyed.
Kimberly-Clark personnel did not immediately return a telephone message from the newspaper.
Information from: Delaware County Daily Times, http://www.delcotimes.com
chester, pennsylvania, explosion, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police