94 WYSP to become sports radio station
PHILADELPHIA - August 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia radio station 94 WYSP will become a sports radio station this September, it was announced on Thursday morning.
CBS Radio said that the station will be known as SportsRadio 94 WIP and will simulcast programs already heard on 610 WIP.
In a statement, the company said the station's new weekday programming schedule will be highlighted by WIP veterans and the addition of Philadelphia sports broadcaster Michael Barkann.
"WIP has a 25-year track record of being the premier sports station in Philadelphia and the move to FM is part of a natural evolution," said Marc Rayfield, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, CBS RADIO Philadelphia in a statement.
The switch will happen on Tuesday, September 6th.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, business/finance
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 31 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 43 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
43 min ago
More business resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos