W. Phila. pileup kills one, injures 3 others
WEST PHILADELPHIA - October 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A three-car pileup at a West Philadelphia intersection has killed one woman and badly injured three others.
It all started when one vehicle slammed into another one at about 2:15 on Thursday morning, at 51st and Locust streets.
The impact flipped one of the cars onto the roof of a third car.
Emergency crews had to pry open the vehicles to free the trapped drivers and passengers.
The woman who died was a passenger in the striking vehicle.
She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The survivors have all suffered head, neck and back injuries.
The hospitals where they were transported have not released their exact conditions.
Police are trying to determine what caused the accident.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, west philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 40 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
41 min ago