Schuylkill Expressway reopens following crash at Gladwyne
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. - October 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Schuylkill Expressway has reopened after a crash closed both directions of the highway for most of the morning.
The accident happened around 5:30 a.m. Thursday in the westbound lanes of I-76 near the Conshohocken Curve at the Gladwyne exit.
A car and a tractor-trailer collided, sending the vehicles into the center median.
The vehicle impact with the median scattered concrete debris onto the eastbound lanes of the Expressway.
Westbound traffic was closed for three hours while crews worked to clear the scene. Eastbound traffic was also closed for a time while the debris was cleared from the roadway.
One injury was reported, but it is unknown how seriously that person was hurt.
Meanwhile, the crash meant the morning rush was more of a crawl on I-76 and the surrounding roads.
"We live in Manayunk. It took a half hour to get from Ridge Avenue to here. Normally takes two minutes," said Oliver Assiran.
Some drivers saw the traffic tie-ups on the news and left extra time.
"I called ahead of time and I left early," said Sarah Wolf of Holland, Pa. I'm good."
pennsylvania, montgomery county, schuylkill expressway, accident, traffic
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013 13 min ago