Source: Eagles docs found Harrison brain tumor
PHILADELPHIA - October 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- An NFL source confirms with Action News sports reporter Jeff Skversky that Eagles team doctors found a brain tumor while examining RB Jerome Harrison.
Harrison was to be part of a trade with the Detroit Lions that would have brought him to Philly in exchange for Ronnie Brown.
ESPN's Adam Schefter cites sources as saying Harrison is not expected to play again this season, but his long-term prognosis both for life and his football career appear to be good.
The trade might have actually saved Harrison's life, the sources said.
The Eagles announced Tuesday they dealt Brown to Detroit for Harrison and an undisclosed pick in the 2013 draft.
However, on Wednesday, news came that the deal had been voided.
Detroit wouldn't confirm the move because the franchise doesn't until deals are done.
Harrison played eight games for the Eagles last season.
The Lions were looking forward to adding Brown to a backfield that might be without starting running back Jahvid Best for a while. He had his third concussion Sunday in a loss to San Francisco.
With Best out, the Lions (5-1) were sounded as if they were ready to plug Brown into the lineup Sunday against the Falcons (3-3) despite not being able to put him on the practice field Wednesday.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 6 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 4 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
6 min ago