Man struck, killed by Riverline train in Trenton
TRENTON, N.J. - October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man was struck and killed by a northbound Riverline train from Camden to Trenton, New Jersey Friday morning.
The accident happened around 11:15 a.m. in the area of the station stop at the intersection of Route 129 and Cass Street in Trenton, New Jersey.
A spokesperson for New Jersey Transit says that the investigators believe the man stepped off the platform at Cass Street directly in front of the train.
Service on the Riverline between Hamilton Avenue in Trenton and the Bordentown, New Jersey station is suspended at this time, and the rest of the Riverline is experiencing 15 minute delays.
NJ Transit is providing alternate bus service at the affected stations to accommodate riders. NJ Transit encourages riders to check njtransit.com for further updates.
pedestrian struck, train accident, trenton, new jersey, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos