'Expendables 2' stuntman killed on set in Bulgaria
SOFIA, Bulgaria (AP) - October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Bulgaria say a stuntman has died and another has been seriously injured while filming an explosion scene on the set of "The Expendables 2."
Police said Friday the two men, whose names and nationalities were not disclosed, were performing a stunt involving an explosion on an inflatable boat on the Ognyanovo dam, just outside the capital, Sofia. The incident occurred late Thursday.
The injured man has undergone a five-hour operation and his condition was stable, doctors are quoted by the BTA news agency as saying.
In a statement, the production company Nu Image/Millennium Films confirmed the "unfortunate accident," adding "the filmmakers are working closely with the authorities."
The film stars Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
55 min ago