'Expendables 2' stuntman killed on set in Bulgaria
SOFIA, Bulgaria (AP) - October 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Bulgaria say a stuntman has died and another has been seriously injured while filming an explosion scene on the set of "The Expendables 2."
Police said Friday the two men, whose names and nationalities were not disclosed, were performing a stunt involving an explosion on an inflatable boat on the Ognyanovo dam, just outside the capital, Sofia. The incident occurred late Thursday.
The injured man has undergone a five-hour operation and his condition was stable, doctors are quoted by the BTA news agency as saying.
In a statement, the production company Nu Image/Millennium Films confirmed the "unfortunate accident," adding "the filmmakers are working closely with the authorities."
The film stars Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police