Police: "Dancing Shoplifter" arrested in NJ
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - November 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Camden County say they have arrested the man who became known as the "Dancing Shoplifter."
Anthony DiVietro, 26, of the 500 block of the White Horse Pike in Stratford, was arrested after surveillance video was posted on the YouTube page of the Gloucester Township Police Department.
The scene was the Kmart store in Blackwood, N.J. back on October 1st. The man shown on surveillance video appeared to be rocking to some music as he looked at several t-shirts in the women's department.
That man, identified by police as DiVietro, is then seen stuffing a red dress under his shirt.
The man in the video was confronted by a security officer on his way out. When she asked him to step back the man pulled out the dress, threw it to the floor and fled the store.
DiVietro has been charged with shoplifting and was released on his own recognizance pending a future court date. Police say DiVietro also had an outstanding warrant.
With an arrest in this case, Gloucester Township police say they have now solved four cases by using social media.
new jersey, caught on camera, gloucester county, crime
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 51 min ago
- A Nice Stretch 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 8 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
51 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
8 min ago