Police: "Dancing Shoplifter" arrested in NJ
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - November 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Camden County say they have arrested the man who became known as the "Dancing Shoplifter."
Anthony DiVietro, 26, of the 500 block of the White Horse Pike in Stratford, was arrested after surveillance video was posted on the YouTube page of the Gloucester Township Police Department.
The scene was the Kmart store in Blackwood, N.J. back on October 1st. The man shown on surveillance video appeared to be rocking to some music as he looked at several t-shirts in the women's department.
That man, identified by police as DiVietro, is then seen stuffing a red dress under his shirt.
The man in the video was confronted by a security officer on his way out. When she asked him to step back the man pulled out the dress, threw it to the floor and fled the store.
DiVietro has been charged with shoplifting and was released on his own recognizance pending a future court date. Police say DiVietro also had an outstanding warrant.
With an arrest in this case, Gloucester Township police say they have now solved four cases by using social media.
new jersey, caught on camera, gloucester county, crime
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 21 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 41 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
41 min ago