Police: Grenade replica found at King of Prussia Mall
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - January 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- Part of the King of Prussia Mall was evacuated after a device that appeared to be a grenade was found, but police now say there it was merely a replica and there is no danger.
Upper Merion Police and firefighters were called to The Court at King of Prussia around 1:45 p.m. Wednesday after a mall worker discovered the device inside a planter or flower pot by the Eddie Bauer store.
Police say about one quarter of The Court was evacuated as a precaution.
Investigators soon discovered the replica grenade was not an explosive device and posed no danger.
However, police are still searching the rest of The Court to see if there are any other devices. They also want to know who left the original device behind.
Police say the situation is now under control and there have been no injuries.
Customers have been allowed back inside the mall.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, king of prussia, local/state
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina 7 min ago
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa. 12 min ago
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings 6 min ago
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor 9 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment 4 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
6 min ago