Police: Man raped teen, threw her out window
NEWARK, Del. - January 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man from Wilmington is under arrest for allegedly raping a teenage girl then throwing her out of a window.
John A. Nelson, 20, of 1238 Sycamore Avenue, was arrested after the incident early Sunday morning.
It was around 1:00 a.m. when, police say, they responded to a large party across from the Aetna Fire Station in Newark, Delaware.
That's when officers say they heard screams for help from the back of the home. That's where they found the victim, a 17-year-old girl, on the ground below a 2nd floor window being helped by several other people.
Police say they learned the victim was alone in a locked 2nd floor bedroom when Nelson, an acquaintance, kicked in the door.
The girl tried to flee, police say, and that's when Nelson allegedly grabbed her by the throat and choked her into unconsciousness.
Police say Nelson then sexually assaulted her and, after the assault, threw her from the bedroom window.
The victim remains at Christiana Hospital with injuries including a broken arm and a punctured lung.
Nelson was arrested at his home without incident.
delaware, newark, wilmington, rape, crime
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 26 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos