Ambulance overturns in Olney, 5 injured
OLNEY - March 4, 2012 (WPVI) -- An ambulance transporting an elderly man was involved in a crash that sent five people to the hospital.
It happened around 9:30 Sunday morning on the 2000 block of West Olney Avenue.
The area is known as Campus Boulevard for LaSalle University.
No word on what sparked the crash involving the ambulance and at least two other vehicles.
The elderly man was rushed to Albert Einstein Hospital but authorities say his injuries do not appear to be from the crash.
A 21-year-old female, 33-year-old male, 41-year-old female and a 79-year-old male were taken to area hospitals. All are listed in stable condition.
Traffic is shutdown in both directions along West Olney Avenue as an investigation continues.
Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, olney, accident, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 23 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 53 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 18 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos