Man stabbed to death during fight in house
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - April 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say an overnight argument between two men inside a South Philadelphia home, ended with one of the men stabbed to death and the other in the hospital in critical condition.
Investigators say the confrontation took place between the 39-year-old homeowner and a visitor to the house on the 400 block of Dudley Street.
At one point the disagreement turned physical with the visitor grabbing a hammer and the homeowner picking up a knife.
The visitor ended up getting badly stabbed.
He staggered out of the house and down the street, before collapsing.
He has since died.
The homeowner is in critical condition at Jefferson University Hospital with wounds and head injuries.
The nine and 11-year-old sons of the homeowner's girlfriend were in the house, but not harmed.
Police are questioning them about the deadly fight.
Investigators say the girlfriend was not involved in the confrontation.
Officers found money strewn across the sidewalk outside the house, but are not saying robbery was a motive.
They have not indicated any motive at this time.
philadelphia, stabbing, south philadelphia, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire 19 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos