Suspect arrested in Phila. pharmacy robberies
PHILADELPHIA - May 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say they have arrested a suspect in connection with multiple pharmacy robberies throughout the city.
Orlando Aguayo, 42, of the 2900 block of North Philip Street, was arrested on Tuesday.
He was charged in connection with a string of robberies dating back to October.
In some instances, when employees would try to stop the robbery, police say Aguayo would threaten them with a knife.
His arrest on Tuesday came shortly after a robbery at the Rite Aid store at 5612 North 5th Street.
Police say officers spotted him in the 600 block of Tabor Road and he was arrested without incident.
Aguayo is charged with robbery and related offenses.
philadelphia, robbery, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 19 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
49 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos