Kindergarten teacher arrested for child solicitation
WILMINGTON - May 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A kindergarten teacher from New Castle County has been arrested on child solicitation charges.
Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden announced the arrest of Scott Gibson, 31, of Brittany Way in Bear, Del.
Gibson was arrested on Friday after he allegedly travelled to a Dover, Del. park to meet with someone he thought was a 13-year-old girl he met in an online chat room.
His attorney told the Associated Press that Gibson intends to plead not guilty and regrets the embarrassment and humiliation to his school, friends, family and himself. The investigation began when Gibson allegedly solicited a detective posing as a 13-year-old. The AG's office said Gibson provided a cell phone number for text messaging and set up a time and place to meet.
Investigators obtained a subpoena for cell phone records and identified Gibson.
Biden went on to say the investigation revealed that Gibson is a kindergarten teacher at Kathleen Wilbur Elementary School in Bear. Gibson's laptop computer and other digital media were seized from his home, while his work computer was taken from the school.
Gibson was charged with four counts of sexual solicitation of a child under 18. He was arraigned and ordered to be held in default of $60,000 secured bail.
delaware, new castle county, child luring, children, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars 48 min ago
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 56 min ago