Kindergarten teacher arrested for child solicitation
WILMINGTON - May 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A kindergarten teacher from New Castle County has been arrested on child solicitation charges.
Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden announced the arrest of Scott Gibson, 31, of Brittany Way in Bear, Del.
Gibson was arrested on Friday after he allegedly travelled to a Dover, Del. park to meet with someone he thought was a 13-year-old girl he met in an online chat room.
His attorney told the Associated Press that Gibson intends to plead not guilty and regrets the embarrassment and humiliation to his school, friends, family and himself. The investigation began when Gibson allegedly solicited a detective posing as a 13-year-old. The AG's office said Gibson provided a cell phone number for text messaging and set up a time and place to meet.
Investigators obtained a subpoena for cell phone records and identified Gibson.
Biden went on to say the investigation revealed that Gibson is a kindergarten teacher at Kathleen Wilbur Elementary School in Bear. Gibson's laptop computer and other digital media were seized from his home, while his work computer was taken from the school.
Gibson was charged with four counts of sexual solicitation of a child under 18. He was arraigned and ordered to be held in default of $60,000 secured bail.
delaware, new castle county, child luring, children, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ