Kindergarten teacher arrested for child solicitation
WILMINGTON - May 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A kindergarten teacher from New Castle County has been arrested on child solicitation charges.
Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden announced the arrest of Scott Gibson, 31, of Brittany Way in Bear, Del.
Gibson was arrested on Friday after he allegedly travelled to a Dover, Del. park to meet with someone he thought was a 13-year-old girl he met in an online chat room.
His attorney told the Associated Press that Gibson intends to plead not guilty and regrets the embarrassment and humiliation to his school, friends, family and himself. The investigation began when Gibson allegedly solicited a detective posing as a 13-year-old. The AG's office said Gibson provided a cell phone number for text messaging and set up a time and place to meet.
Investigators obtained a subpoena for cell phone records and identified Gibson.
Biden went on to say the investigation revealed that Gibson is a kindergarten teacher at Kathleen Wilbur Elementary School in Bear. Gibson's laptop computer and other digital media were seized from his home, while his work computer was taken from the school.
Gibson was charged with four counts of sexual solicitation of a child under 18. He was arraigned and ordered to be held in default of $60,000 secured bail.
delaware, new castle county, child luring, children, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 29 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 18 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 31 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 23 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
31 min ago