Charges filed in 2005 murder of 2 Zion girls
May 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) -- Murder charges have been filed in the 2005 deaths of two young girls -- Laura Hobbs, 8, and Krystal Tobias, 9.
The girls' bodies were found in a forest preserve in far north suburban Zion seven years ago. Both were stabbed to death.
Laura's father, Jerry Hobbs, was originally charged and held in jail for 5 years until DNA evidence showed he did not commit the crime. The DNA matched that of Jorge Torrez, a former Zion resident who is in prison in Virginia.
On Tuesday, Torrez was charged with first-degree murder.
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 45 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 26 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ