2 in custody after Collingdale standoff
COLLINGDALE, Pa. - May 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men are now in police custody after a standoff outside a Delaware County home Thursday morning.
Police SWAT teams were called to the scene of a barricade situation on the 100 block of Chester Pike in Collingdale, Pennsylvania.
Chopper 6 was over the scene as SWAT team officers extracted two men from the house in handcuffs.
Officers then entered the house and gave the all clear.
There is no word at this time on the nature of the standoff.
Chester Pike was closed between Calcon Hook Rd and Pine Street during the incident. The roadway has since reopened.
delaware county, pennsylvania, standoff, local/state
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 39 min ago
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 59 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 8 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 1 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 11 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 14 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 32 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 14 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
59 min ago